Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

21 December 2013

Urban Decay Naked Palettes: A Review

Hello my lovelies,

Today I thought I would do a review on the Naked 1,2 and 3 palettes by Urban Decay. I'm a bit of an eye shadow fiend hence the reason I own all three palettes, I probably don't need all three, but did I want them? YES he he.

Naked 1


So this is what the Naked 1 Palette looks like, as you can see by how battered it is that its been well loved haha. The packaging is a dark purple velvet textured material, which is nice when it is brand new however it is a nightmare to keep clean. The Naked 1 came with one of the lip-glosses too but I have used it up already. Now on to the most important thing, the colours. The naked 1 palette consists of both natural and dark eye shadow shades, there are 10 shimmer shadows and 2 matte shadows. As you can see my favourite shadows in this palette were the 2 neutral shades named Virgin and Sin. The colour pay off is excellent and if you like a mixture of dark smoky shadows and light neutral ones then this is the perfect palette.

Naked 2




Next came the Naked 2, this palette has a light bronze metal tin as its exterior. This is much better than the packaging of the Naked 1 as it is easier to keep clean and prevents the palette from looking worn. In terms of colours this palette consists of a lot more neutral shadows than the Naked 1 so therefore you get a lot more daytime use from this palette if you are a fan of a neutral eye. Personally I love to wear a light brown neutral eye in the day and deepen it up in the evening. There are 9 shimmer shadows in this palette and 3 matte shadows, so perfect if you love a shimmery eye but not so good if you prefer a matte look. My favourite shadows from this palette are Bootycall, Verve and chopper.




Naked 3







The Naked 3 is the new edition to the naked family. Again it has a rose gold metal tin as its packaging, so like the Naked 2 it is easy to keep clean and stays looking brand new on the outside. the naked 3 palette consists of pink, rose and gold toned shadows, which personally I think are beautiful and universally flattering shades. There are 9 shimmer shades and 3 matte shades in this palette so again, perfect if you love a shimmer to your eye make-up but not good if you prefer a matte look. I adore this palette and I find that all the colours are extremely wearable from day to night, my favourites consist of Dust, Mugshot, and Buzz. I love to use Blackout in my crease when I'm going on a night out with friends as it is a matte black with burgundy glitter, perfect for this party season!


Overall my favourite palette has to be the Naked 3, I adore all of them but I find that this palette is very unique in terms of colour spectrum, there isn't anything similar on the market. Whereas there are a few dupes for the naked 2 palette such being the neutral palette from MUA or the Barry M glow palette. Personally the idea of owning a set is what drew me to purchasing the naked 2 and 3 palettes, I was so impressed with the colour pay off and wear ability of the Naked 1 that it lead me to buy the full set. I'm hoping that if they are to bring out a naked 4 it will have 6 shimmer and 6 matte shadows so that you can have a larger choice of whether to wear a matte eye or shimmery eye. Urban Decay have branded the palettes extremely well will good quality packaging and highly pigmented shadows, I would recommend these palettes to anyone, from a make-up beginner to a professional, as they are universally flattering shades and so easy to apply. The fact that they each come with a different high quality eye shadow brush is also a bonus, especially if you are a beginner and do not own many brushes.

Thanks for reading this review, leave a comment letting me know which palette you prefer! :)
                                                                                x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig