Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

13 February 2014

Valentine's day pamper session

Hello Lovelies!!
As we all know Valentines day is tomorrow and I thought what a perfect time to write about pampering. Now pampering sessions do not need to be saved for special occasions, I think its nice to have an evening or day to completely indulge yourself in luxurious products. However saying this I find Valentines day is the perfect excuse to treat yourself :)


Most of the time its difficult to fit in a face mask, we find it hard to stop and take 20 minutes just to relax. However when I have an all out pampering session I love to use this Avon clay mask, it gets rid of impurities yet is gentle and not drying on the skin.

This product is my new love, it's the simple foam cleanser and it is brilliant! I don't know if its the foam consistency or formula but it suits my skin perfectly and although I still love my l'Oreal cleanser this may have just pipped it to the post of being my favourite. Simple's products are very gentle on the skin and therefore don't cause it to become tight or dry and that's what I love about it.
 

The next stage in my ultimate pamper session is the feet, now these poor things often get a little neglected other than the quick lick of paint on the toe nails. Just think how much you stand and walk a day! These little troopers need a treat every so often and the heel genius foot cream by Soap and Glory is amazing, it softens hard skin and also smells lovely too. I like to (or get my partner to) massage this in to my feet in order to give them a bit of rejuvenation.

What says Valentines day better than a red nail polish, I have gone matchy matchy this Valentines and painted both my toes and finger nails in this red gelly polish by Barry M. What I love about these polishes is that because they are a gel they leave a beautiful glossy finish, they make you feel and look like you've had a professional manicure!!

After the face mask and foaming cleanser I like to use a good moisturiser to soften the skin after giving it a good clean. I have an oily t-zone but the rest of my face gets quite dry, particularly in winter. After all this dull miserable weather we've had in the UK it has left my skin feeling a tad lacklustre and in definite need of a pick me up and this moisturiser certainly provides it.

I like to keep the skin on my body feeling soft, especially my legs and arms. I think that having smooth soft skin makes you feel sexier and that's always a good thing, especially for Valentines day. I like to use the righteous butter by soap and glory because I love the smell of it and the thick consistency provides a lot of nourishment for the skin.

Now fake tan might now be in everyone's pamper routine but I find that I feel more body confident when I have my fake tan on. I think it makes me appear thinner and less lumpy! I don't know if this is in my imagination or not but there we go. If being tanned makes you feel good then go with it, I find i feel more confident with it on. If you have seen my fake tan routine you will have already heard me rave about this product, if not then it is the mousse tan by St Moriz which retails at £2.99. It is the perfect colour brown you not look orange or streaky and I find it is so easy to use.

Finish off with a spritz of your favourite perfume, i like to spritz a little in my hair so that when the wind blows you can smell it :)
 
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines day whether it be with your partner, mum, friend or even yourself, remember to treat yourself as it should be a day about loving yourself as well as others
x

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig