Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

30 April 2014

Nutella & Peanut Butter Porridge



So today's post is something a little bit different for me, it's actually a food post! Now I love to dabble in a bit of baking and cooking but to be honest I never really get time to have a play with making different things. It's just usually make and eat dinner with me. However, I have had a little more spare time just lately so I thought I would give it a go.

This is my take on Gemsmaquillage's breakfast post, a very filling, delicious and mainly good for you breakfast! Did I mention it is delicious?


You will need:

- Half a pint of milk
- Half a pint of water
- 80g Porridge oats
- 1 tablespoon of Peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of Nutella
- 1 Banana
- Sugar (optional)

Step 1.


Add half a pint of milk and half a pint of water to your pan. Bring this to the boil.

Step 2.


Stir in 80g of porridge oats. Do this until the mixture thickens. Add more milk if you prefer a runnier consistency or more oats if you prefer a thicker consistency.

Step 3.



Stir in 1 tablespoon of Nutella. Allow this to melt into the porridge, you should see the porridge change colour from white to a nice light brown.

Step 4.

Similarly to step 3 stir in 1 tablespoon of Peanut butter, continue to stir until all the peanut butter has melted into the mixture.

Step 5.


Add a fruit topping. I had some bananas that needed using up, alternatively strawberries, blueberries or raspberries make fantastic porridge toppers!

Step 6.


Grab a cup of tea and Enjoy!!

There we have it, one yummy filling breakfast. If you want to check out an even healthier version (minus the nutella) then head over to Gemsmaquillage.com whom I took the inspiration from. Hope you enjoyed this slightly different post for today! :)

 
Let me know what you think and if you decide to
have a go at making this yummy creation
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig