Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

5 June 2014

Victoria Sponge With a Twist


  You can’t beat a bit of baking on a spare gloomy day. It is my day off work today and all plans of leaving the house were abandoned when the rain set in. You wouldn’t think it was June. Although I am currently trying to make better eating choices I couldn’t help but russel up some cake. It isn’t very often that I get to bake as I hardly ever have a spare second, however, today I thought I would give it a bash. Now I am no Nigella Lawson, so I thought I would stick to a good british classic, the Victoria Sponge- with my own little twist hehe.

You will need:

• 225g margarine
• 225g golden caster sugar
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 225g self-raising flour
• 75g butter
• Jam
• Peanut butter

First pre-heat your oven to 140 degrees, grease your tin (unless you have grease proof tins or paper).

Next cream together your margarine and caster sugar until creamy in consistency.

Beat two eggs together and then slowly add to your margarine and caster sugar. Whisk until creamy.

Sieve in your self-raising flour and fold the mixture, this should form a thicker smooth consistency- no lumps!!

Pop into the oven for around 20-30 minutes until spongey- you get me ;]

Once cooked take the cakes out of the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.

Now you can add your middle! Traditionally this is butter cream and jam. However, for my little cake I have decided to do peanut butter and jam, a favourite of mine recently. Smother the bottom layer with a good coverage of Jam- flavour of your choice! Next take the other half and cover it in your other choice of middle- in this instance peanut butter.

Pop the two cakes together and now you can decorate! I decided to keep it simple and just sprinkle mine with sugar, pop on some fresh chopped strawberries and grate on some white chocolate.

Now I plan to sit down with my cup of tea, slice of cake and watch some youtube videos and browse some blogs.

Let me know if you have a go at making Victoria Sponge! It is super easy and delicious
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig