Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

4 July 2014

What's In My Travel Toiletry Bag


  So some of you who have been reading my blog posts may have noticed that I am going travelling around Europe for a month, well that trip is now only 10 days away! I thought I would do a series of posts aimed at my trip in terms of what I'm taking with me.

I thought the perfect first post would be to share with you what I am taking with me toiletry wise, a  month is a long time and toiletries are possibly the heaviest items you take away with you.


Skincare:

This is all I'm taking with me skincare wise, don't fret though! The first place we are visiting on our trip is Paris, it is famous for it's excellent skincare lines and therefore I have already pre-written a list of skincare items I am wanting to pick up. I thought it would be better to just take the bare essentials and then I can purchase some products I have been wanting to try whilst I am away.

So what am I taking?

-Face wipes:
perfect for taking off the bulk of your make-up before cleansing, good for cleaning hands or freshening up. They are excellent multi-use items and therefore they made it into my toiletry bag.

- St Ives Apricot Scrub:
I am bringing the mini travel version of this scrub, I don't use exfoliators often as my skin is quite sensitive, however, with the different weather we are likely to experience I know my skin will go dry and flaky in places. This scrub is the perfect solution to any problem skin patches.

- Simple Moisturiser:
This is another travel sized bottle and is perfect for popping on your face morning and night just to give your skin a boost. I love simple as it is a kind to skin company and doesn't contain anything harsh that could irritate my skin.


Hair care

Again I am taking the bare essentials with me, it is difficult to take numerous hair products when you are travelling on a budget like we will be. Hostels tend to have shared bathroom facilities and therefore hair masks are a nono, it will be 10 minute showers only for me.

I am taking:

-Tresemme 24 hour body shampoo and conditioner:
I love Tresemme as their shampoo and conditioners are so hydrating for the hair, as you can see these bottles are both miniatures. I thought shampoo and conditioner are easy to get a hold of and therefore buying large bottles was just unnecessary.

- Batiste Dry shampoo:
I am obsessed with Batiste dry shampoo, I go through bottle after bottle. With me having quite fine hair I try and avoid washing it every day and therefore on the days were my hair looks greasy this is the perfect solution. It doesn't leave your hair looking grey or powdery and smells delicious. Perfect for those mornings when we don't want to spend time queuing for the showers.

- Insette extra hold hairspray:
Forget all these fandangled new volumising, shine-giving hairsprays and stick to a golden oldy, Insette. Although it does have the old hairspray smell it does an amazing job in holding the hair in place and flattening any stray fly away hairs.



Miscellaneous

So the little bits and bobs that fall into a category of their own, but are equally as essential as the rest:

- Natural Collection shower gel:
Fruity, body wash- essential for every trip you take in order to keep clean and smelling lovely. What more can I say.

- Sure deodorant:
Another vital essential in terms of keeping clean and fresh is deodorant, I take it everywhere and this mini version is great to pop into your bag so that you smell fresh all day long.

-Colgate toothpaste:
Dental care is important, especially when you will be indulging all those sweet pastries hehe!

- Wash cloth:
For cleansing and removing make-up in the evening or having a wash in the morning. Multi-purpose too which is always a bonus!

Also some items that aren't photographed but will be in my toiletry bag:

-Razor
-Tweezers
-Nail file
-Toothbrush

Hope you have found this useful, especially if you are going away this summer maybe on holiday, to a festival or on a trip like me!

Are you going away this summer?
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig