Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

23 September 2014

NYX 'Hot Pink Rose' Lipstick | A Review

NYX lipstick


So it may come as no surprised to you that I just couldn't help myself whilst I was away backpacking to treat myself to a bold lipstick..or two!

I picked up this Nyx lipstick in 'Hot Pink rose'' in Berlin, it is a bold, creamy blue toned pink. The colour is completely opaque and applies beautifully to the lips.




I am going to apologise now for the quality of the photographs attached to this blog post, what with me working full time and not getting home until 6 I am playing a racing game with the lighting. Unfortunately this time it won and I had to make do with my artificial lights. I am tempted to purchase box lights, if anyone uses these for blog posts please let me know how useful you find them and also where you bought them from!

Anyway, back to the lipstick. As you can see it applies well and has a very creamy consistency. I like to wear more creamy textured lipsticks for autumn/winter as the cold weather often plays havoc with my lips. The only gripe I would say about it is that it can slide around easily and therefore a lip liner might come in handy if you want it stay put all day. The packaging is beautiful in a sleek, shiny black case. This makes it easy to keep clean and looks chic and sophisticated. I prefer my packaging simple.

If you're a bit of a bright coloured lipstick fiend like me then I think you will adore this lip shade, it is bright enough to make a statement but not so bright that you draw attention to yourself. My lips are probably the best feature on my face and therefore I like to play them up by using fun bold colours.

Are you a fan of bold lips?
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig