Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

21 December 2014

Beauty | Quick and Easy Christmas Make-Up Look


It's only 4 days until Christmas! So I thought it was high time to share my most coveted Christmas make-up. The look is quick and easy to do and fits in perfectly with the festive season.

Let's start with the face:


I first apply MAC's Prep & Prime all over my face, next I blend in my Estee Lauder Double wear. I'm the shade Cool Bone. I love this foundation for party looks and nights out as it has such good durability and longevity, it can survive the sweat, the cold and anything else you throw at it. It also provides excellent coverage which is good if your skin has decided to play up just before a big event!

I then slick on my favourite concealer, The collection lasting perfection concealer, under my eyes, around my nose and on any blemishes just to give added coverage in any red areas.

Then we need to set the liquid bases with a powder to stop them looking too oily. I like to just powder my T-zone as this is where I get the most shine. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

To finish I pop on a bit of rose pink blush and use MAC's cream highlighter in Luna on the tops of my cheeks for a healthy dewy glow.


Onto the eyes now:

For eye shadow I decided to use the Sephora Palette 'sunrise to sunset' as I wanted to go for a more golden smoky look. I used the middle shade all over the lid and the dark matte brown in the crease to give the eye some depth. I blended this out with my brush to give it a smoky effect.

I used a white liner on my lash line to make my eyes look more awake and refreshed. I didn't fancy a black liner as I was going for a bold lip. I tend to stick to the dramatic eyes and neutral lip or bold lip and neutral eyes rule.

I did however use the Maybelline Master Graphic liner on my lid line to create a feline flick.

For my lashes I used the BE Creative mascara in Lash Supreme. I adore this mascara but I picked it up whilst I was travelling in Amsterdam so therefore I'm not sure if it is available in the UK. I wanted to give my lashes a flirty look so decided to use the Tanya Burr lashes in 'Date Night' as these are perfect for creating flirty fluttery eyes.


As for the lips there was only one option, Ruby Woo by MAC. It is my all time favourite red lip shade! However, with it being a matte formula it can be quite drying so  like to slather on some Baby Lips Lip Balm before applying the Ruby Woo. Just like the foundation the formula of this lipstick means it has excellent staying power, it can last through meals and everything without needing to be redone.


Et Voila, a quick and easy Christmas make-up look.

 
What make-up will you be donning this Christmas?
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig