Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

12 January 2015

Fashion | New Year, New Wardrobe!


Blush Pink Blazer- New Look
Stripe Tunic Dress- New Look
Pink Gloves- Matalan
Boucle A-Line Skirt- River Island
Grey Roll Neck Top- New Look
Pink and Grey Tote Bag- New Look
Pink Dolly Flats- Select
Stripe Shirt- New Look
Cleated Sole Heels- New Look
 
I can't believe the first full week of January is over. It seems that as soon as Christmas had passed the weeks rushed ahead and before we knew it January had arrived. It's a funny old month January, it's the start of a brand new year. A whole year laid out in front of you to do with it what you please. We all make plans, we dream of summer holidays, nights out with friends, resolutions, goals and much more.
 
If your a fashion lover like me, a new year means new styles. I can't help but think of spring already. Winter still has us in it's clutches but I'm dreaming of longer days, fresh air, country walks and pastel colours.
 
I've noticed a lot of stores are already introducing their new spring lines, they all contain a monochrome underlay with a pop of colour. Whether it be pretty pastels or vibrant limes and cobalt blues the main theme is monochrome with a twist, and I like it. I have a mainly monochrome wardrobe as it is so thought these few pieces would be the perfect transition for when the weather does (fingers crossed) get warmer and we can peel off a few layers. I'm still wearing my bobble hats, scarves, gloves, jumpers, you name it. I long to put on a nice outfit and not cover it with a big coat and scarf.
 
One store that has particularly caught my eye with it's new season collection is New Look, they have some beautiful pastel pieces and I have been after a pastel pink blazer for a long time! I like the idea of pairing it with the monochrome stripe tunic and pretty sandals for a warm breezy spring day, maybe with sunglasses and a floppy hat weather permitting!
 
So even though spring is still a distant dream yet it's always fun to plan your new season wardrobe.
 
 
What are you looking forward to this year?
x
 
 
*Images sourced from respective websites
 
 
 
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig