Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

5 March 2015

Eating Around Amsterdam


When we went backpacking this summer just gone we made a pack to try as much food as possible (who could resist a pack like that!) & that's exactly what we did. One of the places that came up tops in the food department was Amsterdam.

Warning! Most of our eats are not in the healthy category.




Now these may look like ordinary chips, but it's the sauces that really blew our minds! So much more variety than here in the UK; curry ketchup, hot chilli, satay (peanut) and more. My personal favourite was the satay sauce as we all know I have a penchant for Peanut butter! I can eat it savoury or sweet, like in my peanut butter nutella porridge. Yum!



Another concept that blew our minds was Febo! An oven vending machine is the best way I can describe it, you just put in your money next to the door you want and it unlocks, hot food ready to go! We went for a croquette type concoction with potato inside.


This tasty treat is known as a Stroop Waffle, it's two very thin waffles sandwiched together with caramel, they are really delicious. The waffle itself is wafer like and sweet, with a good helping of sticky caramel to hold them together, it was gooood. In fact all of the food was good hence this post, but you know what I mean!


These delicious treats are poffertjes, think mini fluffy pancakes covered in syrup, butter and icing sugar. These were my favourite, so so sweet and so so good. The only time I've seen them here in the UK is at Christmas markets, so this year I'm definitely looking out for them.

Do you like trying new food on your travels?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig