Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

24 March 2015

Maybelline Master Graphic Eyeliner Review

Maybelline Master Graphic Eyeliner

When it comes to my every day make-up I always go for a feline flick with a bold lip. Dark hues for winter and bright pops of colour for spring and summer. I'm not going to lie it took me a long, long time to master the liquid liner cat eye, with many a failed attempt.

I used to get one eye looking perfect, but could I get the other to match? No. During my make-up wearing years I have tried many types of liquid liner, from pens to gels and various brushes. Some good , some bad. What I have found is I'm much better at applying it with a stiff pen, rather than a soft brush.

On a recent shopping trip I popped into Superdrug and this little beauty caught my eye, it actually looks like a marker pen! If you left it in the drawer I can guarantee someone would use it to write with!

Maybelline Master Graphic Eyeliner

The Maybelline Master Graphic Eyeliner is a very chunky looking pen, with a highlighter-esque applicator. The brush is very firm and doesn't move when pressed against the eye, which is always good as it makes for a smoother line.

Now this liner could be very hit and miss, it is so useful for getting the perfect point to your flick as you can just point the pen angle in the direction you want your flick and draw straight down. However, one mistake you could make is holding the pen in the wrong direction and getting a very thick line. It's all about mastering the angle you want and getting the pen to do this for you. It may take a couple of tries but now I find it so easy to use!

The colour pay off is brilliant as it gives a sharp bold line and the durability is also incredible, it doesn't smudge or flake. Another positive is that it is so easy to remove too, no scrubbing your eyes to get it off!



Here is my every day cat eye using the Maybelline Master Graphic Liner, for an evening look I would use the thicker side of the pen to create a more dramatic line and extend the flick out even longer. However, for a day to day look the thinner angle of the pen is perfect

 As you can see the colour is very matte and not shiny which I like. It dries really fast too so you don't have to keep your eye shut and wait for it to dry, many times I've just got it looking perfect and opened my eye only to have it smudge all under my eyebrow! Not a good look!

The product can be bought from Boots or Superdrug and retails at £5.99, which I think is a good price for how well the product translates in terms of colour and longevity. I would definitely recommend giving it a try if you struggle to get the right flick as the angled pen makes this so much easier.

Overall I'm thoroughly impressed with it and will definitely consider re-purchasing it in the future.

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig