Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

16 March 2015

The Truth About Being in Your Early Twenties

Turning 20 was a poignant moment, I'm no longer a teenager, but am I really an adult? Fast forward nearly 2 years and I guess you could say I am.

At the same time turning 20 and being in your early twenties is very confusing. I often wonder to myself what do I want to do with my life, do I want another career? where do I want to live? when do I want to have children? so many questions so little time.

 Time sneaks up on you more, gone are your care free days lazing around during the 6 week summer holiday. You'll be working most of the summer, unless you book a few weeks off for your yearly holiday. The days blurr together, and time appears to speed up. Of course it doesn't really speed up, you just have less spare time, but more money! Though if your looking at buying a house this not last long haha. 

Although in the grand scheme of things your early twenties are about figuring it all out, finding that job you enjoy, building up your relationships and having fun. You can't help but feel under pressure to get things right, to do the right things, make the right choices- after all you are technically an adult now (though I don't always feel like it!).  Sometimes I bounce from wanting the perfect pinterest house to wanting to pack my bags and travel the world. I can't afford to do both but I can dream! Your twenties are made up of decisions, do what you think is best for you and not what others think you should do.

Finding a career is probably going to be one of the hardest parts of your twenties, fresh out of education and a head full of dreams. I still haven't worked out what I really want to do career wise, and that's fine. All I do know is I love working with people, so something of that nature would be perfect. If it involves social media or fashion even better!

This post may seem a little deep for this blog but it's been a thought rattling round in my head for a while now, how confusing yet exciting being in my early twenties has been. I have a lot to look forward to as well as a lot to work on, but in all fairness I can't really complain. I'm nearly 22 and I have already been working, travelling, saved for a house, booked my wedding and now I'm preparing to start my life with my amazing other half, which if you had told me 7 years ago would happen I wouldn't have believed it.

All I can say from experience is everything will work out in its own time, enjoy yourself, travel, work, find your career. The rest will just happen. Let your early twenties be about you!

What do you think about being in your twenties? Is it how you thought it would be?

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig