Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

24 April 2015

My Simple But Effective Haircare Routine


As of late I have been trying out a lot of new hair care products in an attempt to get that Victoria Secret looking hair. A lot failed the test, however, I think I have nailed a simple day to day routine.

Now, I only wash my hair every other day. I used to wash it daily, but found that it was really doing nothing for my hair. At first it would get really greasy but my saviour is the Batiste dry shampoo, trust me, if your hair's feeling a bit lack lustre and needs a quick re-fresh just spritz a bit of this through it and your good to go.

I have used numerous shampoos in my time but my all time favourite has to be the L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology. It gives my hair so much more volume and life, I have fairly thin, flat, straight hair so I need a product that isn't too heavy that it pulls it down, but also one that gives it more volume. I find this really does the trick.

As well as needing a boost, being blonde means my hair dries out quickly too, so I have two go to moisturising products. The first is the matching conditioner to my shampoo. I like to be a bit matchy matchy product wise and picked up both together. I really like the conditioner, It isn't too heavy but does provide a good dose of moisture.

The second product I use is this Aussie Miracle Recharge Moisturising Leave-in Conditioner, try saying that 3 times fast! I love Aussie's products, the range is just so good, and they all smell incredible! However, this leave in conditioner is the best. I love spritzing it through my damp hair and leaving to dry. It makes my hair feel silky soft and smelling glorious!


Finally in my simple hair care routine is my Heat Protection spray by Tresemme. If you straighten or curl your hair on a regular basis then it is a good idea to use a heat protectant spray to try and minimalize the damage the heat will cause to your hair. Again being blonde and having highlights means my hair is already quite dry and although I don't straighten my hair often (it's already fairly straight!) I still use the protectant for when I'm blow drying it.

Products aside another good hair care tip that I've learnt over the years is to find a good brush, you don't want a rough brush that snags in your hair. The best one I've found is a tangle teezer dupe from Home Bargains, it has fine bristles and a short handle for easy detangling and no snagging.


So there we have my Hair Care routine at the moment ( I say this because I'm always on the look out for new products!) I hope you enjoyed this post!
 
What Hair Care products do you swear by?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig