Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

12 May 2015

Make-Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter Review


On a recent shopping trip I popped into Superdrug for a 'browse' - that's what I told myself. However, I ended up making a few cheeky purchases too. I really wanted to pick up a powder highlighter. I love my Mac cream highlighter in Luna but sometimes when my skin is playing havoc in the oil department it can make me look more greasy than luminous. Not an attractive look. Hence the reason for looking for a powder instead, I wanted an ethereal glow not a gooey look.

This Make-Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in 'Peach Lights' caught my eye and I decided that with my complexion it would be the perfect match. I'm fairly cool toned and although it has a peachy look to it the undertone is bluish which suits me. Mac Luna is a white/silver highlight which again if you have cool toned skin is very complimentary.

Make-Up Revolution Highlighter


What I like most about this powder highlighter is the fact it isn't really 'glittery' a lot of powder highlighters can contain large glitter-like particles than can leave you looking a little bit disco-ball-esque. This highlighter however is much finer and leaves more of a subtle sheen to the skin. I like to apply it to the tops of my cheekbones and under the arch of my brows to give my skin a nice healthy looking glow to it.


I have tried to take a photo of myself actually wearing the highlighter. However, I don't know about you other beauty bloggers but I really struggle to take photos of myself with my actual big camera. I have tried using a mirror and everything but the angle is always so awkward and in the end I resorted to using my front facing phone camera. This means the quality is no where near how I would like it to be but it's the only way I can manage to get a semi decent photo of my face! If any of you other bloggers have a camera without a flip screen please share how you take your make-up photos!

Camera quality aside I think you can still get the effect of the glow the Vivid Baked Highlighter gives, it just perks up my whole face and even when I have less sleep than I would ideally like I can look fresh and ready to face the day. I am very impressed with the quality and pay off of the product and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality powder highlighter at a reasonable price.

You can pick up this highlighter from most Superdrug stores at the Make-Up Revolution stand.


Overall, I am really impressed with this highlighter, it applies well, gives a subtle glow to the skin and is reasonably priced. Win win in my eyes.


I have another Make-Up revolution purchase up for review soon in the form of a blusher palette, I want to have a bit more of a play around with it yet but keep your eyes peeled for that post!



Which do you prefer, a cream highlighter or powder?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig