Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

11 July 2015

Jameson's Tea Rooms, Sheffield


So Tuesday marked my 22nd Birthday, yep I totally sang 'I'm feeling twenty twoooo'' that morning. After a lovely morning opening my gifts and putting up my cards we set off on the train to Sheffield for the day. Afternoon Tea and shopping were on the cards, my ideal day.

I had seen Jameson's online and it was right up my street, vintage, elegant and chic. I decided it would be the best place to go for a special treat.


When we arrived it was everything I expected, lace tablecloths, chandeliers, kitsch tea pots and saucers.




We had a look through the menu to decide what we wanted, there were different kinds of afternoon tea on offer ranging from Traditional at £12.95 to Regal at £80 for 2 people. We settled for the Splendid package at £16.95. This package came with a pot of tea of your choice, a posh pop, a selection of sandwiches, scones and a slice of cake.





Our drinks arrived first, for our 'Posh Pops' I chose Cloudy Lemonade and the Mr Chose Dandelion & burdock. For our tea's I went for Peppermint Tea as it is my favourite and he went for a Super Green Tea. We got a tea pot each! The tea pots themselves were works of art, I have added them to my home d├ęcor wish list.



Next came our Sandwiches and scones.






No word of a lie, these scones were the best ones I've ever had. They were lovely and not dry at all, I had White chocolate and Raspberry scone with a good dollop of jam and toffee curd on it. Everything was presented beautifully and the customer service was impeccable even though they were busy.





After the sandwiches and scones we were getting full, however, the best was yet to come, the cake! There was so much choice and after what was a very difficult deliberation I chose the Terry's Chocolate Orange cake. Best. Decision. Ever. There were other cakes, ranging from Toffee Apple crumble to a Vodka and Marmalade cake!

We sat and munched our way through these delicious slabs of cake, eagerly chatting away. Once we had finished we left very happy, and very full. All fuelled up ready to do some serious shopping!

I would highly recommended a visit to Jameson's Tea Room as it is such a beautiful place for a bite to eat or a special Afternoon Tea treat. The food is excellent quality and so is the service. What more could you ask for.

 
Where do you like to go for afternoon tea?

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig