Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

20 August 2015

Day Trip To York


I love York, its history, the cute little tea shops and narrow paths. There's something really beautiful about it. One Saturday morning I woke up early shook the Mr awake and said should we just go, he said yes so we jumped on two trains and arrived about 2 hours later. I love a bit of spontaneity, the thrill of doing something out of the ordinary, after all, all work and no play makes jack a dull boy right?!



We took a stroll down the Shambles and came across a cute market, we couldn't resist stopping by for some scrummy looking cakes. I had a salted caramel brownie and it was to die for delicious, the temptation to buy another one was strong.

We then spent some time wandering around, stopping at York Minster and Jorvik Viking centre. My favourite thing to do is explore new places and get a sense of the culture and see everything I possibly can. I love being a tourist- not even sorry.

After spending a few hours walking around some of the historic sights we decided it was high time  for a tea break.





We stopped at the Earl Grey Tea Rooms, which was a seriously cute vintage tea room. I am a total tea fiend but I just love peppermint tea the most, so that's exactly what I had. The Mr had a super green tea which he said was amazing. If we hadn't already had cake I would have definitely had some there, they had some delicious looking ones in their cabinet, but we decided to be good and not have any more!



We had such a fun day. I've promised myself to be more spontaneous and make the most out of my days off. To try not to spend them on the sofa in my pyjamas, although sometimes it has to be done!

I would definitely recommend visiting York if your looking for a fun day out, from shopping in the cute independent stores, sipping on tea in a vintage tea room, or if you like a bit of history every street has a story. There is definitely something for every one!

 
Where is your favourite place to visit?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig