Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

24 August 2015

Nicholson's, Nottingham


Last Friday Me and the Mr went out for Date Night, We love finding new places to eat and going to nice bars. When we came across Nicholson's it was the perfect combination of both. The outside immediately caught my eye, beautifully maintained plants line the windows and a simple classic sign. Not garish or unsightly in the slightest.


The inside didn't disappoint either, with light beige walls, chic spotlights and pops of colour in the accessories the room felt very modern and relaxing. We were shown to our table in a nice little nook of the room, perfect for people watching. If you wanted a window seat on a Friday you'll have to book a table early as they were all taken when we visited, and that was at 5:30pm! Date night was early this Friday as I had two twelve hour shifts ahead.

To start with we settled on a couple of drinks whilst we deliberated over the menu. It was happy hour so I had a cheeky cosmopolitan and the Mr settled for a classic Pint.



After perusing the sumptuous menu of spiced chicken, pan fried red snapper and steaks we finally settled on the typical blogger choice, Burgers- so not sorry.

I had The Halloumi and red pepper veggie burger and the Mr chose The Pulled Pork and Apple Jam Burger.

When the meals arrived I could not get over the Pulled Pork burger, it was HUGE!



The service was fantastic, everything was brought out in good time and there was no waiting for anyone to come and see if there was anything else we would like. Another thing that impressed us was the presentation, it was every instagrammers dream. With pretty white rectangular plates covered in news paper and the cute little silver buckets of curly fries.


I need these for at home!

 Everything was delicious and well cooked. We ate and chatted for the next hour or so, then it was time for dessert. Although the dessert menu is small, it is perfectly formed and there is definitely something for everyone. I was torn between the Peanut Butter Cheesecake and the Strawberry Parfait with caramel shortbread. After a lot of bouncing back and forth I eventually decided on the Strawberry Parfait. It was tough but I decided it was the best choice for my waistline if I opted for something a little lighter than the cheesecake. The Mr opted for a sweet Chocolate Fondant.


Again the presentation was dreamy, the little mason jars and fancy spoons AND skittles! I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw the skittles, the red ones are my favourite. The Parfait itself was scrumptious, very sweet and light with chunks of gooey caramel shortbread.

To finish we ordered a final round of drinks, I treated myself to a Bucks Fizz which at £7.00 a glass was very naughty, but very nice indeed.



Overall it came to around £50 for drinks and 2 courses for the both of us. I think for a once in a while Date Night it is pretty good value. The atmosphere was lovely, busy but not loud and you could easily have a good conversation whilst music played in the back ground. The food was really tasty and arrived at your table without any delay and the staff were also very pleasant and polite. We really couldn't fault the place and we plan to go back one night for a few more cheeky drinks!

If you're ever in the area I would definitely recommend popping by for either a drink or a meal.

What's your favourite local place to eat?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig