Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

6 August 2015

Sleek Au-Natural Palette Review



One of my lovely friends, who clearly knows me very well, bought me this palette for my Birthday last month. I have given myself plenty of time to give it a good trying out and I really like it. It's right up my street colour wise, I love a bronze smoky eye for a night out or a very neutral eye for the day time.


The packaging is well suited with it being plain black plastic, however, it does get dirty quite easily so that's something to be aware of! I get foundation fingerprints all over it. Oops!

The colour pay of is very pigmented and quite velvety to the touch. The colours blend beautifully together, making it a very good palette to create fun sultry smoky looks.


I have found that orange gold tones really suit my blue eyes and this palette has two lovely orange golden shades that look perfect together. There are 12 different shades in the palette, the top 6 are very much golden neutral day wear shades and the bottom 6 are more dark sultry evening wear shades. There are a good mix of both shimmer and matte shades which I love as not many palettes have a good mix, you normally have more of one but this palette has 5 matte shades which is almost half of the palette.

I'm not a fan of the brush that comes with the palette, like most of the palettes I own. I tend to stick with my real technique brushes as I find they pick up the shadow better and therefore aid the application of the eye shadow.


I love how slim the palette is and also how it comes with a large mirror, making it a very useful palette to take travelling. This is always a good selling point for me as I love being able to have a range of looks in one small compact palette.

Overall this palette is really lovely, the quality and range of the shadows is excellent and very versatile, I would definitely recommend this palette to those of you who love a good neutral palette.

 
What's your favourite neutral palette?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig