Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

1 October 2015

A/W15 Style Staples


I have spent the past few weeks looking at this seasons new trends and analysing what my wardrobe was lacking. I really have loved the 70's trend and this autumn it gets even better! All the rust, berry and khaki colours and the suede, fringed and patterned fabrics. I just can't get enough.

However, I sadly don't have a money tree in my back garden  and so had to really narrow down what it was exactly that I needed in order to bring my wardrobe into this season. After getting my hands on some excellent staples I thought I would share with you what I have picked up.



1. The A-Line Skirt

 In every colour and fabric. These skirts are everywhere in a multitude of styles and I love them. I first picked up the denim button down skirt from Primark and fell in love with how flattering the fit is. Therefore I just had to pick up more, starting with this stunning camel coloured suede zip down and then this khaki corduroy press stud offering. Both are from Select Fashion. I'm really impressed with the quality of the material with both of them, it's very thick and durable, perfect for keeping warm this autumn.


2. The Roll Neck Jumper

I think roll necks are so sophisticated, not only are they on trend and cosy but they just add a little edge to an outfit. I picked up a black one from New Look and this cream one from Primark. I think I will stick to these two for now as they go with everything in my wardrobe. You can pair them with jeans and a camel wool coat for a casual look or dress them up with a leather pencil skirt and heels. They are too versatile  not to have in your wardrobe this autumn.



3. All About Accessorising

You don't have to buy numerous clothing items to update your wardrobe every season, just adding a few key accessories can do the trick. I'm all for saving money and tend to buy a lot of accessories to help keep my wardrobe up to date yet also fitting well with my own personal style. I think autumn calls for a good hat. This beige wool effect floppy hat fits the bill perfectly and is very flattering with it's wide brim.
  Faux fur is also a good staple in the autumn/winter wardrobe department, it adds a touch of glamour to an everyday look and is also good for keeping warm, stylish and practical? win win! I have incorporated faux fur into my a/w15 wardrobe with this brown stole and cute pompom bag clip. I've seen these fluffy bag pompoms everywhere and think they are adorable.


4. A Pair of Black Boots

I like to treat myself to some new boots every winter, and it was these faux suede ankle boots from Peacocks that caught my attention this year. They are the perfect height for day to night wear which is always a massive plus in my book. I was also drawn to the gold detailing under the heel of the boot which gives them a different edge to your standard heeled boot.
  Boots are definitely an autumn style staple as they keep your feet dry and cosy through out all the rain and potential snowy spells we have!
  I have my eyes peeled for a pair of faux suede knee high heeled boots, if you have any recommendations send them my way!


*Little Style Snippet*
I recommend keeping some of your summer pieces in your wardrobe and just layering them up, your summer dresses? whack on a thick overcoat and tights! You can transition lots of your summer pieces into autumn by adding a few layers for added warmth, it will also save you some money by getting more wear out of things you already own #shopyourwardrobe.

 
What are your style staples this autumn?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig