Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

20 October 2015

Maybelline Matte Maker Powder Review


I recently decided to break away from my usual Rimmel Stay Matte Powder that I've used since I was about 15, and although it has always served me well, I felt like I could possibly be missing out on something better.

I was browsing the make-up section and came across this little beauty, Maybelline Matte Maker, not only is the name cute but the packaging is also very chic and minimalist.

I'm lover of a matte base and then using highlighter to create a luminous look. Dewy is not really my go to finish, I find I can look a little greasy. Which is definitely not a good look!



I like to create a really clean flawless look to my face, whilst also trying to keep it looking fresh and bright. I found that applying the Matte Maker over my Estee Lauder Double Wear creates a lovely bright, soft finish to my skin.


Estee Lauder Double Wear is renowned for it's high coverage, but I find that if you apply just a few dots on areas where you need the coverage, and then blend it in well you get a nice natural look. Then the powder helps to set all this in place and keep you looking fresh all day long.



The powder itself is very light weight and not cakey. My skin is left feeling very soft and more to the point very matte, and even though it's a mattifying product, it doesn't leave you looking dull or washed out either.

The mattifying power is really impressive, I only have to re-powder my nose once during a 12 hour shift. Which is good for me as I have quite oily skin! Therefore, I am glad I broke out of my usual routine, and even though the Stay Matte powder will hold a place in my make-up bag, I have developed a new found adoration for Matte Maker.

You could say it's a Matte Made in Heaven.
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig