Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

1 January 2016

Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016!


Happy New Year! 2015 has been a whirlwind of a year, it doesn't seem five minutes ago we were celebrating the start of the year never mind seeing off the end of it. I really love putting together these types of 'year reflection' posts as it just reminds me of how much I've done this year- and it's actually quite a lot! I decided to split it up into segments, so here we have my 2015.

Life

One of my most treasured memories from this year goes all the way back to January when I graduated university, it was pretty much the end of an era, I was no longer a student. I would be a fully fledged working adult! Speaking of adultness, I turned the grand age of 22 this year and yet I feel no different than when I turned 21. In fact sometimes I forget how old I am!  Another achievement I am proud of myself for this year is getting a new job. I'm not one for change, in fact you could say I'm a creature of habit, but I'm glad I put myself out there. I'm also in the process of looking to buy my first house, which you could say is a very adult task. It has been a rollercoaster of viewings, meetings, discussions and more, but we are finally making head way.
  I made myself a promise to spend my time wisely and get out more, which I definitely did. I made the most of having more weekends off and took plenty of trips and was even spoilt with two amazing holidays!

Love

Me and my other half celebrated 7 years together this year, they have all been so wonderful, however, the best is yet to come and 2015 saw us finally laying the plans of our wedding down and making a start. We have booked a fair few things now and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in to planning in the New Year.
  We've made many memories this year, day trips to York, holidays in the sun, lots of meals out. I love spending our time together and hope that 2016 brings more of the same.

Blogging

I've tried really hard with my blog this year, I even treated myself to a new camera to carry on my little hobby. I've dabbled more in fashion/ourfit posts, and despite not being anywhere close to the next model for vogue I am pretty pleased with how they turned out.
  I also was lucky enough to work with Boohoo.com for their Black Friday Campaign and be a V.I.B (Very Important Blogger) at Intu Victoria Centre's fashion show. Both events were such wonderful opportunities and I really appreciated being invited a long.
 In terms of 2015 in the blogging community, we lusted over copper accessories, marble flatlays and an array of delicious food.

Overall 2015 has been a pretty good year filled with lots of opportunities and memories.
The goals I set myself for 2015 were;

-Worry less.
- Spend more time with family & friends
- spend less and save more for our future
- Find out what I want to do
-Live for the moment
- Try something new
- Buy our first house.

I have definitely worked hard on worrying less and I'm getting there gradually.
I spent a lot more time with my family, going on days out, meals and just casual walks.
I've probably spent quite a bit this year, however, I have managed to save too which I guess means you could say I achieved this goal!
I still don't really know what I want to do but for now I'm happy in my current situation and will re-visit this goal further down the line.

I think I've managed to reach 4/7 of the goals I set myself for this year, which I'm pleased with and hope to continue tackling them. However, it wouldn't be a New Year if there wasn't any new goals right? So here are my new set for 2016.

- Continue to make the most of my free time
- Get back into fitness again
- Keep up with my blog and enjoy creating new content
- Try something new
- Continue to save and spend my money wisely
- Put less pressure on myself to get everything right
- Make an effort to plan ahead

These are my goals for 2016. What goals/resolutions have you set yourself this year?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig