Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

17 January 2016

How To Style The Faux Fur Gilet

Gilet:Peacocks | Shirt:Peacocks | Jeans:New Look | Boots:New Look | Bag:Kurt Geiger
 
 
There's something about faux fur that makes any old outfit look luxe. I spotted this gem of a gilet in Peacocks and thought it was the perfect addition to my winter wardrobe. I imagined the many ways it could be styled;  layered with jeans and a tee for casual days or slunk over a staple black dress for a super glam evening look. It was because of this I practically ran to the counter with it. As well as looking good, the faux fur gilet also helps give you a bit of extra warmth for those colder days that you don't want to wear a big coat.
 
 I chose to pair it with a long line, split side, monochrome shirt, which I adore. It's very flattering as it skims over all the right places and hangs loosely over the hips. This makes it so comfortable to wear. Monochrome will always be my go to colour palette as it looks good all year round and never really goes out of fashion.
 
 The Blue Denim Contrasts perfectly with the monochrome and these skinnies by New Look are uber comfortable. They are very stretchy, making them easy for day time wear and you don't feel restricted or uncomfortable. They practically feel like a second skin.
 
  I had been looking for some knee length brown boots for a while, but because I have big calves I found it difficult to get some that I could zip all the way up. These stunning boots from New Look have elasticated sides, meaning they are the perfect fit - and I can put on some warm thick socks too! They are currently my favourite boots and I like to wear them with jeans, skirts and dresses.
 
  For accessories I chose a statement black and gold necklace, which I believe compliments the tones in my outfit well. I also picked my new beige Kurt Geiger Bag, which has pretty gold hardware and is very structured. For my lips I opted for a wintery deep berry purple.
 
 
What do you think of Faux Fur Gilets?
 
 


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig