Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

25 January 2016

MAC x Ellie Goulding Lipstick Review


  As soon as I saw that Mac had brought out a range of products in collaboration with Ellie Goulding I knew I had to get my hands on them. I'm a total lipstick fiend and knew that's what I had to buy.

  The special, limited edition packaging of the range is absolutely stunning. It features Ellie Goulding's signature printed in metallic, rose gold and is set against a classic, glossy, black casing. It's practically a bloggers dream.


After some deliberation I opted for 'Only You', which is a gorgeous cream sheen, in a nude, beige tone. If you follow me on Instagram, or have read my blog for a while, you will know that I'm more of a bold lip wearer. Neutrals only really grace my eyes and not my lips. However, I really wanted to find a nude lipstick for those days I don't want to have too dramatic make-up.

 I opted for 'Only You', as it wasn't a pale creamy nude, but more of a darker beige nude, which I believed would suit me much better. Having pale skin means finding a nude shade is actually quite difficult, as they can often make me look very drained. With this lipstick however I find it doesn't do that.



 The cream sheen finish of the lipstick leaves your lips feeling very moisturised and soft. It almost creates a gloss effect, which, after wearing mainly matte lipstick for the past few months, is a refreshing change!


 When applied to my lips the lipstick almost looks like a 'your lips but better' kind of shade. It looks natural and muted. On first application it is quite a sheer swash of colour, but it can be built up to achieve this pretty tone. It's a perfect lipstick for those of you who love a more fresh, natural finish to your make up.


Overall, I am really impressed with this lipstick. It wouldn't be my usual choice, and I have always been one to avoid nude tone lips. However, this has always been because I have never actually found a one that suits me. Now that I have found one though, it is definitely a look I will be sporting more often. I like how it makes me look very fresh faced and natural. It will also be the perfect lipstick for the upcoming spring and summer months.

What's your favourite nude lipstick?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig