Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

27 January 2016

Our Stay at Ox Pasture Hall Hotel*


 Last weekend I was invited to Scarborough, to stay at the stunning Ox Pasture Hall, a country house hotel in Yorkshire. I jumped at the opportunity to be able to spend time with my partner in such mesmerizing surroundings. The approach to the hotel itself was beautiful, long winding roads steeped with lush, green countryside, I was in awe. We arrived around 2:30pm and we were warmly greeted at the reception desk. We then were led through two picturesque court yards, which would make ideal spots to relax in during summer,  to our luxury suite*.



 We were shown into our room and I was immediately blown away by how impeccable it was. With huge windows over looking the grounds, and pretty, rustic chandeliers, it was impressive. What I admired most about the room was the attention to detail, and how the décor fitted so perfectly with the surroundings. It definitely captured that luxury country feel.


 The first room you enter is the sitting room. The focal point of this room is definitely the view, I loved being able to look out over then pond and watch the geese in the morning. It had a lovely comfortable sofa, large TV, CD player and a well equipped Tea station. Again it was the sweet little touches that grabbed my attention, such as the bottles of water and the little bag of delicious fudge. It's these little touches that made our stay at Ox Pasture Hall so memorable.

 

Just off of the sitting room was the bedroom, which also featured a captivating view, alongside a huge king size bed. After the mandatory bed test I was delighted to discover not only an iron and proper ironing board, but also two white fluffy robes! It's safe to say they didn't stay in the wardrobe long!





 Last up is my favourite room, the luxury bathroom. It is dreamy, featuring not only a free standing, rainfall head shower, but also a deep glossy bathtub and twin sinks! As you can see I put the huge bath tub to good use and indulged in a sensationally relaxing bubble bath, it was nice to have a bath where the water actually covered you completely!

  Included in our stay was the chance to dine at Ox Pasture Hall Hotel's Courtyard Restaurant.
We were seated in the cosy bar, in front of a roaring open fire, whilst we perused the menu.








 We were taken into the dining area and presented with a lovely bottle of Prosecco on ice. We had chosen our three courses*, which were served promptly and piping hot, just the way we like it. For starters I chose the Vegetable Soup and my partner chose scallops, both of which were packed full of flavour. We were also given an accompaniment of freshly baked breads in the flavour fruit and nut, and cheese and chive. The cheese one was my favourite!

  For mains I opted for Whole Hartlepool Landed Lemon Sole, and the Mr chose the 8oz Rump Steak. My Sole came with Brown Shrimp, capers and potato dumplings. My palette is, what I would call, quite juvenile, in the sense that I can be a fussy eater! I was apprehensive as to whether I would like my main, but it was very delicious and full of flavour. The Mr vouched that his steak was exquisite, as he polished off his plate.

 Dessert came around, and it's my favourite part of any meal! I opted for Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Lemon Tart Ice Cream and Frozen Pina Colado. This was super sweet and tangy from the lemon and passion fruit, it was the perfect dessert to finish the meal.  My other half chose the classic, Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce, which I may, or may not, have had a nibble of, and can happily say it's the best I've ever tasted! We Finished our Prosecco and headed back to our room for tea and bed.


 
Ox Pasture Hall Hotel is situated in 17 acres of land, right on the North Yorkshire Moors. It's the perfect base for exploring- and dogs are welcome! Why not bring your furry friend along and enjoy strolling through the moors.
 
 If this doesn't whet your whistle, Scarborough Town is only 2 miles away, where you can pop in and out of the cute boutique stores, or take a walk along the pier with fish and chips in hand (Watch out for those seagulls!). We enjoyed walking along the beach up to the pretty colourful beach huts and finished the day with fish and chips at Winking Willies Famous Fish & Chip Shop.
 




 We decided to make a whole weekend out of the trip and also pay a visit to the pretty seaside town of Whitby, which is only a 20 minute drive from Ox Pasture Hall Hotel. We went up to the famous Whitby Abbey (make sure you have your walking shoes on, it's 199 steps up!) and saw the stretch of embankment where Dracula was said to have landed. Afterwards we went in search of more food! The Mr munched away on Scampi, whilst I had fish cake and chips! It was very much a weekend of indulgence in all senses of the word!



 Overall, we had the best weekend away. It was refreshing to escape from it all, enjoy nature and spend time together. I would highly recommend a stay at Ox Pasture Hall Hotel, it is the perfect base for exploring, as well as being a brilliant hotel to relax in luxurious surroundings. The staff are all friendly and attentive and we loved the attention to detail the hotel has. We would definitely love to visit again, especially in summer, as I can imagine just how beautiful it would be to sit outside in those courtyards!
 
Find Out More at Ox Pasture Hall Hotel



*All Items marked with the asterisk were gifted to me. Opinions given are all my own.

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig