Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

11 January 2016

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette Review


Just before Christmas I decided to treat myself to Urban Decay's new palette that was collaborated with Gwen Stefani. I was immediately sold by the packaging, let alone the beautiful choice of shadows inside. Urban Decay are my go to brand for eye shadow. I have all 3 of the Naked Palettes and was very tempted by the Smokey palette, however, because I'm very fair I didn't think I would get the most wear out of it and sorrowfully decided not to buy it.

What grabbed my attention with this Gwen Stefani Palette is, that not only does it have a beautiful selection of neutral tones, it also has some striking pops of colour too for those brave days.


The palette contains 15 shades, ranging from beautiful champagnes to vivid blue. There are 10 neutral toned shades and 5 colourful shades. I really love the burgundy shadow, it's perfect for this time of year. My favourite shade in the whole palette is 1987, which is a really pretty gold. I regularly like to wear a light brown smoky eye with a pop of gold in the centre, and this palette is perfect for creating this look.


The colours are very pigmented and blend together beautifully, enabling you to create so many versatile make-up looks. I created this look using 'Bathwater' all over my lid, which is a pretty peachy gold. I then used 'Anaheim' in the crease and finished off the look with a pop of '1987' in the centre of my lid. I can't wait to experiment more with the different colour combinations and create some unique looks.  It's definitely a palette that will take you through the seasons, as the light champagne and peach tones will look pretty for summer, whilst the dark browns and burgundy's will look sultry for the winter.


Overall, I really can't fault this palette. The packaging is sturdy and easy to keep clean. The shades are versatile, yet very wearable, and all of them are hugely pigmented and easy to blend. What more could you ask for in an eye shadow palette! 10/10 Urban Decay!

What's your favourite eye shadow palette?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig