Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

27 June 2016

Room Reveal | Our Living Room



Hoorah, the first of our room reveals is finally ready! If you've been following my blog for a while then you may have seen that a few months ago we purchased our first home! I wrote up a post all about our plans for the home, which you can read about here.


It has taken us a long time to get to this point, but we have finally got one almost complete room! I say almost as we are waiting to get some new cream blinds put up in the bay window. I'm also not set on the T.V stand but it will be staying for the time being. There's always work to be done, but for now I am really happy with how this room has turned out.


So as all renovation posts go, I should start at the beginning.





The room is a very generous size, with a gorgeous fireplace as the main focal point. Our aim was to make this room light, bright, yet cosy. A place where we can unfurl after a long day at work and relax.


The re-decorating of this room wasn't too drastic, we just re-painted the walls whiter, with the shade 'Timeless' by Dulux, and re-papered the chimney breast. I actually really loved the pattern of the original wallpaper, but I'm much more a neutral gal at heart, so we chose the same paper but in a cream and pale gold.





During:


We moved everything out, stripped off the wallpaper and began. We had already painted the walls when we first moved in, but waited a while to get started on the rest. It took longer than we thought to strip the chimney breast wallpaper as it had 3 layers of paper!





After

It's hard to get a feel for the sense of space this room has from the photos, but it's such a good size that we've managed to fit a lot of great furniture pieces in the room, without having to compromise on space. We have used the three seater sofa to create a kind of walk way from the front door to the hall way, in which we have included our Next 'Home' mat, and a vintage style shoe rack for when visitors come.


   Our main hall way is actually at the side of the house which once we have redecorated will be used as our main entrance, but, for shopping and visitors the front entrance is obviously the easiest option.


Our book cases are from Ikea, and I have filled them with books, decorative accessories and photographs. I really like how these look and plan to switch up the accessories as the seasons change. at the moment they are rather season neutral, but I look forward to adding pretty autumn and winter pieces to them! - Not wishing the summer away though!


We wanted a nice family space, with a cosy vibe. I am so excited for family gatherings, Christmas, parties, and of course starting our own family. When decorating this room all of these things were in the fore front of my mind.


I hope you've enjoyed a sneaky peak at our first completed room! I think the next room reveal will be our dining room, I have a few finishing touches to do but its largely finished wahoo!



Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig