Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

26 July 2016

Mama Doreen's Tea Rooms, Harrogate | Review



I'd been searching online for a cute tea room to visit whilst on our trip to Harrogate, as we all know I love me some afternoon tea! I stumbled across Mama Doreen's on Facebook, and it looked incredible! I love the shabby chic style and their presentation was insane.


As soon as we entered I couldn't resist whipping out my camera and capturing all the amazing details, from the giant, glistening, chandeliers, to the cute and quirky signs. The shelves were lined with clear jars of vintage sweeties, and there was the smell of cake and coffee in the air.




We luckily managed to snag a table, but I would highly recommend booking as it was super busy. We sat at a sweet heart style table in the main shop, the room downstairs was completely full. However, I'm not going to lie, I was secretly pleased we were sat upstairs as I could snap away until my heart's content!

 After perusing the menu I opted for a caramel macchiato. The Mr had a classic earl grey tea and we plumped for the cake platter to share.


When they brought out the cakes my mouth fell to the floor, they looked amazing!


We were spoilt for choice, with eyes bigger than our tummies we dug in! There was; a classic Scone with delicious, sticky, strawberry & prosecco jam, a scrumptious, melt in the mouth, buttery, shortbread and chocolate moon, a slab of toffee and apple cake, topped with sweet, crunchy, brown sugar, a light, fluffy, strawberry and chocolate meringue, and finally the cake of the day, a tiny, sticky toffee pudding cupcake, topped with soft chunks of toffee. Did that make your mouth water?


It's safe to say we devoured the entire platter and were suitably stuffed to the brim. Who could waste any of that cakey goodness though? Not me that's for sure!


The service was fantastic, the staff were very attentive, friendly, and made us feel very welcome - which was amazing to say how busy they were! If we're ever in the area again we will definitely be going back for the full afternoon tea! If you're ever in Harrogate and fancy some delicious cake, I high recommend you pay Mama Doreen's a visit.



x









Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig