Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

17 August 2016

Nottingham Food & Drink Festival | Wollaton Hall




Last weekend I headed over to the gorgeous Wollaton Hall for the Nottingham food and Drink Festival. I've never actually been to a food festival, and couldn't wait to tuck in to all the delicious food!


 


We grabbed a salted caramel iced latte and headed off towards the tents. There was so much to choose from, gin vans, Mexican food, pizza, cake, chocolate. We decided to do some wandering and tasting before we decided where to eat.


We stumbled across The Cherry Tree which sold some amazing chutneys, jams and curds. I ended up buying a Mojito flavoured curd, which is incredibly delicious! I can't wait to do some baking with this, and also can we just appreciate the copper packaging.




It's no secret that I love pizza, so when I saw the Bare Bones wood fire pizza van I knew that's what I wanted. I opted for the classic margarita, which was mouth wateringly delicious.  Bare Bones is a family run company who cook their gorgeous pizzas in a wood fired oven, in their decked out van! If you're a pizza lover like me, of course you are, then you can check them out here.




Stephen opted for a box full of  African, flavour-packed goodies including; bean cake, jolof rice, chicken, plantain and spicy spinach. Which by the speed he ate it, must have been good!




I was so excited to see these coconut drinks, if you don't know already, I'm going to the Dominican Republic for my honeymoon in November, and seeing these made me even more excited! The top of the coconut was chopped off and I was able to eat the juicy, coconut flesh inside and drink the fresh coconut water. Then I was able to choose what flavours I wanted adding to the water, I picked a fruity strawberry and lime concoction, which was zingy and refreshing. A real treat for the taste buds.


Of course no good summer's day is complete without ice cream, me and Stephen had already spotted the ice cream parlour tent when we first walked in, but resisted temptation until after we had eaten our main! It took a lot of will power!




We chose Strawberry Crunch, it took us some time to decide as there was just so many flavours to choose from! In the end this one was perfect, not too heavy on our stomachs and really refreshing to enjoy in the sun.

Wollaton Hall and it's grounds in general are beautiful, I've enjoyed many walks here. As well as the fact I have managed to get some beautiful outfit photos taken in them too, see here and here. I would recommend whiling away an afternoon, seeing the deer roaming, and admiring the picturesque hall.



Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig