Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

6 August 2016

Slip Dress Styling




Happy Sunday! I managed to sneak in a cheeky outfit shoot as I am in love with this slip dress & T-shirt combo from Primark - I know I practically live in there!

 Slip dresses have been a huge trend for a while now, from sexy slinky silk ones, to more edgy velvet ones, you name it there's a slip dress for it. However, I just felt with my body type the trend wasn't that flattering on me, that was until I saw this combination. I really like how the outfit is still girly with the cute ditsy daisy print, but it's made more wearable and casual by layering it over the top of this plain white tee.


The material is soft, airy and floaty, meaning that it's perfect for a summer's day. It could be worn bare legged with tan flats and a huge floppy hat, or even be worn with trainers for a sport luxe twist. The possibilities are endless, which is why it worked it's way into my ever expanding wardrobe.


As it was a Summer's night I decided to pair the slip dress with this over-sized, baby pink trench coat, also from Primark. I really like how the coat adds a pop of colour to the outfit, but it's still very season appropriate. The cut and fit of the jacket is very flattering and it moves easily with you, instead of not being able to lift your arms above waist height, wahoo!

I can definitely see myself wearing both these pieces endlessly throughout the rest of this season, and maybe even into next season! I'm already picturing it with knee high boots and a burgundy suede biker jacket, someone stop me!



x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig