Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

9 August 2016

Sultry Summer Look with Sephora







Although summer's been a bit of a right off lately, I really wanted to create a warm, golden, sultry summer make-up look.


I got the Sephora 'It' eyeshadow palette for my Birthday and couldn't wait to give it a whirl. To create this look I used the lighest pearl shade, and used a fluffy eyeshadow brush to apply it on my brow bone and the inner corner of my eyelids. The aim was to use it as a highlight, to open the eye and make it appear brighter.


Next I applied the glistening, warm, golden shade all over the lid, using a flat eyeshadow brush. Instead of sweeping the shadow on, I gently patted it onto my lids so that the colour was bolder.


To finish I applied the medium matte brown shadow to the crease and outer edge of the lid. This is to add depth, and warm up the tone even more. I only added a little bit of this, as for a summer look I didn't want the shadow to be too dark. To finish I added a black liquid liner to my lids from Primark, and Soap and Glory Thick and Fast mascara to my lashes.


I really love how the look all came together, it's very warm and golden, which is perfect for a hazy summer's day.


The Sephora 'It' Palette has a very good range of shadows, from mattes to shimmers, lights to darks and warm to cool tones. It's a really great palette for creating a multitude of looks and I can see it taking me from summer through to winter easily. The colour pay off of the shadows is perfect, they are very pigmented, apply with ease and blend seamlessly. I really cannot fault the palette at all.


For the rest of my face I used Estee Lauder Double Wear as my foundation, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes and around my nose, Stay Matte Powder all over my face, Rockateur blusher by Benefit on my cheeks and Hoola Bronzer, also by Benefit, to contour. I filled in my brows with Benefit Ka Brow and  Benefit Gimme Brow - two products I absolutely adore! Then for my lips I used a lip crayon by Ghost, for a pop of deep pink. I think that's everything!


I hope you enjoyed this sultry summer make-up look, let me know what you think in the comments below
x



Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig