Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

6 September 2016

Covershoot Cosmetics Review*


When I was contacted by Covershoot Cosmetics to see if I would be interested in trying out their new line of cosmetics, I jumped at the chance. I love discovering brands and trying out new looks with my make-up. I'm constantly changing it up, and striving to improve my skills. Covershoot Cosmetics are a newly emerging, affordable, make-up brand, that already have a few products released in Savers and Poundland. I was intrigued to find out more about their range.

When my Blogger Box arrived, I couldn't wait to get stuck in and test out the products. I loved the presentation, from the simple classic box, to the pretty pink paper. There had definitely been some thought put into the whole presentation.

 Inside my box, there was; An eyebrow kit, A contour kit, a grey smokey eye palette, a neon bright eye palette & a Twist Pot nail varnish remover.



 
I first tested out the Grey Smoky eye palette. I love the smooth, easy to blend texture of these shadows. They apply so easily, and the pigmentation is buildable, from a subtle smoky look, to a striking, glamorous evening look.  Another thing I love is the shade range. To say that the palette only has 5 shades, they cover all angles perfectly. You have the lightest shade for your brow and inner corner highlight, two lid shades (if your going for a more subtle look, you could use the lighter lid shade all over, and the middle one as your crease defining colour). Then there's two crease colours, again, depending on how striking you want the look to be, you can use either, for two completely different looks. The packaging is simple, easy to clean and compact, making it convenient to pop in your make-up bag. It's the perfect little travel palette.
 





I'm not going to lie, this palette scared me a bit! If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know that I'm a huge lover of a neutral smoky eye. So being faced with the prospect of a neon palette really daunted my play-it-safe self. However, that being said, these colours are going to be perfect for creating unique make-up looks, and gave me an amazing idea for a Halloween look that I will be creating very soon - Keep your eyes peeled! Similarly to the grey smoky palette the pigmentation is good and very buildable. They blend together easily and apply smoothly.
 


The Contour Kit is one of my favourite products by Covershoot Cosmetics. It consists of three cream colours; one dark contour colour, one medium bronzer and one highlight colour.
 
For my paler skin, I decided to use the bronzer as my contour, which was the perfect match. It applied so well and didn't smudge my other face products. It was easy to build up the colour, and achieve the look I wanted. Another bonus to this contour kit is it wasn't orange and there's no shimmer in it, which I was really pleased about. It really creates a lovely warm natural glow to the face. What I also love is the fact that it comes with a 'how to' guide on the inside of the lid, which shows you where to apply the products. This is great if  your new to the world of contouring and highlighting, as you will find it much easier to use! It's the perfect little kit for any starter make-up bag and I would say it's definitely a make-up staple.
 
 
 The Eyebrow Kit is similar to the contour kit in the fact that it comes with an easy to follow guide, perfect to help you get those brows looking striking. I particularly love how it's a complete set, containing the cutest mini tweezers and handy angled brush. Again it's perfect for those of you who are looking to build the foundations of your make-up kit, or for travelling, as it's so compact, yet has all you need! The pigmentation, like other Covershoot Cosmetics powders, is really lovely and very buildable. However, unfortunately for me, the beige colour is still a tad too dark for my very blonde brows, but it's the perfect kit for those of you lovely dark browed ladies. Since Brows have been the fore front of every beauty regime this year, this palette would be really useful at making applying your brows in the morning effortless.
 
 
 The final product I got to test out in my Blogger Box is this little beauty! The Twist Pot Nail Varnish Remover. This is seriously my new holy grail nail product, I've never found it easier to remove my nail varnish. You simply dip your finger inside the pot, which has sponges soaked in nail varnish remover inside, give it a few twists, remove your finger, Et Voila! The nail polish is all gone. No faffing around with cotton wool stuck to your fingers, or using half a bottle of remover on one finger. So simple to use and mess free! It doesn't smell too bad either which is always a bonus!
 

 


 
 
Overall, I'm really impressed by Covershoot Cosmetic's range of products, and because they are a new brand I'm excited to see what the future holds for them. I already have my eye on their Baked Highlighters. I will also definitely be keeping the Twist Pot in my every day essentials, as it's such a lovely concept and so easy to use!
 
 

 
If anything has taken your fancy, you can find out more about Covershoot Cosmetics range on their website Here, or if your a social being like myself, you can also find out more via their Twitter account Here.
 
A huge thank you to Covershoot Cosmetics for sending me these gorgeous products to try out!
x
 
 
 
 
*Items in this post were gifted to me, all opinions given are my own.


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig