Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

25 October 2016

Wedding Jewellery Shopping at Goldsmiths, Intu Derby *



I was recently invited along to Goldsmith's brand new store, in Derby's Intu Centre, for a wedding jewellery consultation. If you don't already know, I get married in under a month!  I arrived bright and early, so that I could maximise my time in the store, and also get some perfect snaps to share with you.

I was greeted warmly by the store assistants, and was given the opportunity to browse, take some photos and see if anything in particular caught my eye.




The store was bright and clean, painted in luxurious pale gold, with stunning metallic accents. The overall atmosphere was professional, clean and elegant.

I was instantly drawn to the many glass cabinets that encased magnificent, twinkling displays. It left me wondering how on earth I was going to be able to narrow my choices down, I loved everything!



I wandered over to the table, ready for my consultation, head swimming with ideas. I was offered a cup of delicious, rich, coffee before we began, which definitely helped soothe my mind.

I was looked after by Sarah, she listened to my many ideas, asked about our wedding and what our theme was. She really got to know my style, and how I envisioned my wedding to be. After carefully taking in everything we discussed, she pulled some pieces that she thought would fit with what I had told her. I felt completely comfortable and relaxed.


Sarah brought over a tray adorned with the items she had pulled, and I was able to 'try on' some of the styles, with the use of clear earring holders. Again I was torn by various styles, I loved the elegance of the pearls, but was drawn to the glamour of the diamonds too. Both beautiful, but very different.

We discussed what I liked about each piece, and I was given plenty of time to work my way through what I liked, and didn't like.

By the end of my consultation, I had finally made my choice, after much deliberation, and I can confidently say I'm in love with what I've picked. I cannot wait to wear them on my special day, and know that they will be a treasured item for years to come.


Once I had finished my consultation, Sarah asked if I had any questions. I had heard her mention Jenny Packham had a bridal jewellery range, and as her dresses are stunning, I had to find out more.

The Jenny Packham collection features classic styles with beautiful modern twists. I learnt that on the sides of all her rings, there are some tiny diamonds, and that her name is engraved inside the bands. All these little details quantify the thought, and effort that has been put in to designing such an opulent collection. Sadly, with prices ranging from £750 upwards, it was out of my budget. However, if you are looking to treat yourself, or a loved one, to an extra special piece of jewellery, I would highly recommend this collection. It is exclusive to Goldsmith's, and only selected stores have the range in house, Goldsmith's at Derby Intu being one of them.



I had such a good experience with my consultation, I felt welcome and that my vision and concerns had been listened too. This enabled me to narrow down all my ideas, and helped me choose what it was I was looking for.

There is no appointment system in Goldsmith's, but the store assistants will endeavour to help you. I would recommend visiting as early in the day as you can, perhaps also on a week day.

If you're interested in seeing what I ended up choosing, I am posting a whole separate post about my jewellery, my wedding vision and how I made that ultimate decision. This will hopefully help all of you who are also getting married make your decision too! Keep your eyes peeled for that post coming soon.

x
 
 
 
 
 
*Items in this post were gifted to me, all opinions given are my own.
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig