Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

11 November 2016

Five Ways To Prepare Your Wardrobe For Winter


As soon as bonfire night has passed my mind turns to my festive winter wardrobe. The weather has really dropped in temperature now and the shops are adorned with festive knits and luxurious coats. If you don't have an endless pot of money to spend on a new festive wardrobe, here are five ways to easily update your wardrobe on a budget.

1. My first tip would be to dig out all of your knitwear from last year. Knitwear never goes out of fashion, so therefore why buy a whole lot of new jumpers, when you already have a stash at home ready to wear? Evaluate what you have, and what you might want to buy. If you're not into big chunky knitwear, roll necks are the perfect alternative, as they're made with thinner material yet still keep you really cosy.


2. Accessories are essential. As mentioned in my previous How to nail transitional dressing, accessories really can make an outfit. Instead of light layers and thin scarves, winter is all about the thick blanket scarves, chunky bobble hats and warm golden brown hues. I absolutely adore this mustard bobble hat from Primark. It fits perfectly with my winter wardrobe, and keeps me extremely cosy on those blustery cold days. It was a bargain for just £2.00, and really adds that pop of colour to my outfit.

You can dress up an old coat with a soft, faux fur, stole, or a chunky, cable knit scarf. Hide that windswept hair under a stylish bobble hat, or sleek fedora. Keep those fingers warm in soft gloves. The list is endless.



3. Another way to update your winter wardrobe is with a practical pair of boots. Now I know there are some stunning embroided, velvet, heeled boots out there, but really how much wear will you get out of them? What your wardrobe needs is a trusty pair of weather appropriate boots. These brown, knee high, flat boots are from New Look last year, they have been worn so many times and are still a firm favourite in this year's wardrobe.

Think about your current wardrobe and what style boot will go with all of your outfits, whether it be a cute Chelsea boot, some on trend knee highs, or a vibrant pair of wellies. Which are also high on my wish list for all the winter walks I like to take!


4. If you do feel like you have some cash to spare, why not choose to add one statement piece into your winter wardrobe, for example, a stand out coat or new bag. Outfit building is made so much easier when you're basing it around one key piece.

This year I'm looking to add a long, grey, wool style coat into my winter wardrobe. I think they look perfect with jeans and little black boots, but also they're great to layer over party dresses, to keep you that bit warmer!


5. Re-style those summer pieces. Those summer dresses you've packed away, wouldn't they look great with thick tights and a snug cardigan over the top? Don't be too hasty to dismiss your summer wardrobe, as a lot of the things you own can be re-styled to work in your winter wardrobe. It saves you some money at the same time!

These are my five ways to prepare your wardrobe for winter. I hope you've found this post interesting and please let me know if there's anything you think that I've missed!

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig