Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

17 November 2016

Tips For Choosing Your Wedding Jewellery*


You have your dress, now it's time to get your jewellery. You have an idea of what you want, but as soon as your faced with those display cabinets adorned with jewelled delights, you're overcome with confusion. There's so many styles, designs and colours to choose from.  How can you possibly narrow it down?

Here are my top tips for choosing your wedding jewellery.


1. Like dress shopping, go in with an open mind. Be prepared to look at styles you may not have considered before.

2. Have an image of your dress, either fresh in your mind, or as a photo on your phone. This will make it easier to choose your jewellery, as you know exactly how your dress looks, and you can keep referring back to it when you need to.



3.  Trust your jewellery consultant. I explained the theme of our wedding and the style of my dress to my consultant, whom then went on to pick out some jewellery pieces that she thought fitted well with what I wanted. This helped me so much, as your not faced with too many options and you won't begin to feel overwhelmed.

4. Focus on the style of your dress. Is it strapless? If so a necklace would look beautiful with this style. Is it halter neck ? Then make your earrings the accessory. It's all about finding a balance, if you have a statement necklace, then simple earrings would work well too.


5. Another thing to consider is your hairstyle. If your wearing your hair down do you want droplet earrings or studs? Both of these create an elegant sophisticated look.

I ended up choosing these stunning diamond droplet earrings*. They work well with the style of my dress (which I won't be revealing yet, but keep your eyes peeled! It's only 2 days away!) and they also will look great with how I'm having my hair. My jewellery consultant at Goldsmith's in Derby's Intu Centre really helped me narrow my choice down. However, these were the first pair that I knew I loved, and the rest didn't come as close. Go with your gut, and remember to have fun!

I hope you found these tips helpful,
do you have any of your own you'd like to add?
x
 
 
 
*Items in this post were gifted to me. All opinions expressed are my own.
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig