Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

29 December 2016

A Golden New Years Eve Make-Up Look


Now that the excitement of Christmas is over, the prospect of the new year ahead hits us. A whole new year is laid out in front of us, but not before we give it the welcome it deserves of course! New Years Eve, the biggest party of the year.

Family & Friends gather to say goodbye to this year, and Hello to the new. Undoubtedly you want to look your best for the occasion, so I thought I would share with you a show stopping, golden, make-up look to make sure you shine this New Years Eve.


I first applied my absolute go to foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear in the shade cool bone. I used my fingers to blend it in, as I find the warmth of them helps to apply it seamlessly.

Once I have applied my foundation all over my face I use Collection's Illuminating Concealer under my eyes, along my nose and over my chin. This really helps to open up my face and make me look more fresh faced and awake, which after all those festivities is definitely needed! Again I use my fingers to gently pat this into my skin.



After applying all my liquid face products, it was time to use my powders. I first used the Sleek contour palette in the hollows of my cheeks, under my chin and on my temples. I did this to give my face a more defined look, and add a subtle warm glow.

After contouring, I took my Freedom Pro Blush & Highlight Palette and used the bottom rose toned shade blusher in the first column. I love this colour as it gives a really natural 'pinched' look to your cheeks.



No golden make-up look would be complete without some stand out highlight, to make your face gleam. This Sleek 'Solstice' highlight palette is new to my collection and I am in love with it! The bottom gold shimmer is my new 'go to' highlight. I carefully apply this to the tops of my cheek bones.

 I also can't wait to use the first golden, cream based highlight in a spring/summer look that I have planned (organised for a change, I know!)


2016 has definitely been the year of the Brow. Thanks to Benefit, I managed to get a sneaky peek at their entire new brow collection, and take home some of my favourite pieces!

 There are two stand out products in the collection for me, that I cannot live without now. The first being Ka-Brow in shade 1, this a brow pomade that can be built up from a natural tidy look to stand out wow brows.

The second is Gimme Brow, which creates fibres on your own brows, a bit like gel brow extensions if you will! I love this product as it gives my brows texture, and also keeps them set in place and looking great all day.


Onto the main part of this New Year's Eve party look, the eyes!

I chose my Sephora 'It' Palette to create this look. First I applied the second shade, on the top row.  A warm glistening gold, all over the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush. I really packed this on to make it super golden and sparkly, because if you can't have glitter eyes on New Year's Eve, when can you?!

I then took the fourth shade, on the top row, a dark matte chocolate brown, and applied the to the crease of my lid using a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I blended this in to the outer section of my lid, so that it wasn't too harsh.

I used my Rimmel Scandaleyes black liquid liner on my top lash line, and added a small flick on the outer corners to create a cat-eye effect. On my lower lash line I used a brown pencil liner and filled in the outer edge of my water line. This gave the look a nice sultry smoky appearance.



For Mascara I used Soap & Glory's Thick & Fast High Definition Mascara, which really helps to thicken and add volume to your lashes. If this wasn't thick enough, I also added some false lashes. These are the Eylure Naturals. I love using these as they're really light-weight, you can't tell you've got them on!


To complete this glam golden make-up look I used Nyx's Liquid Suede in the shade 'Soft Spoken'. These Nyx Liquid Lipsticks are amazing, they're so easy to apply and they give a really bold, opaque, flash of colour to your lips.


The Completed look:

New Years Eve make-up

This look is bound to make you stand out this New Year's Eve, with a sultry golden eye and knock out highlight, it really is the perfect glitzy glam go to look for the party season. I will definitely be re-creating this look again!

What are your plans this New Year's Eve?
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig