Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

20 December 2016

The Maxi Coat


I won't lie, I debated writing this post as I'm not 100% happy with how the photo's have turned out. However, I am happy with the outfit, hence the internal debate. I toyed with the idea of re-shooting it, but probably wouldn't have time until the new year, and I wanted you to have some chance of snapping up this absolute bargain of a coat. So throwing caution to the wind, we're rolling with it. Bad lighting and all.

I've been after a maxi coat for sometime, one that didn't drown me, or make me look shorter. With Christmas around the corner, I didn't have oodles to spend on myself, but when I came across this khaki, boyfriend style, maxi coat, sat in all it's glory in the aisles of..wait for it..Primark! I knew it belonged in my wardrobe.  Even better, it was on the sale rail, for a mere £10.00. Yup, you heard me right £10.00!


The khaki colour of the coat is the perfect alternative to your classic black jacket. It adds a subtle pop of colour, while still maintaining a very autumnal/winter vibe. The length is perfect, finishing mid calf, it doesn't swamp me, and I find the cut and fit of the coat very flattering.

With the coat being the star of the show, I decided to pair it with a somewhat understated base layer. A classic, grey, roll neck jumper, which you all know are staples in my winter wardrobe! A pair of plain black, high waist, skinny jeans, and black boots. A neutral, classic, base layer, made up of some great winter wardrobe staples.

I also think this coat could work perfectly with a classic little black dress, and some heeled boots. Perfect for those Christmas Parties, and for keeping warm!


In terms of accessories, I decided to keep these pretty understated as well. I opted for this stunning snowflake necklace from Jewellery Box, which I received from the lovely Sherry Scribbles. It's the perfect way to make any outfit festive, without being too in your face!

To complete the look I chose a very slouchy tote bag, also from Primark. This bag is amazing as it fits my camera, make-up, hairbrush, water bottle, purse and phone in easily, with plenty of room to spare. For a woman who likes to carry the kitchen sink around with her, a big bag is essential!

How would you style a Maxi Coat?
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig