Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

31 January 2017

A Valentine's Day Inspired Make-Up Look


I wanted to put together a make-up look that was fit for Valentine's day, one that could be worn for having brunch with the girls, a date night with your partner or having a bit of 'me' time. I decided to stick with what I know best, a bold lip. I absolutely love this purple toned pink, and I think it would suit most people.


For my base I used this Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, which I apply a small amount evenly all over my clean face. This helps my foundation apply much more seamlessly by smoothing out my pores.

For foundation I used my trusty Estee Lauder Double Wear, in the shade Cool Bone. This is my every day holy grail beauty product. If I could only ever buy one foundation it would be this one. It's easy to apply and you can build it up from medium coverage to high coverage.

I then used the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. This helps to brighten up my face and conceal any redness.


For my cheeks I have used Sleek's 'Chantilly' Blush from their Blush by 3 palette, which is a stunning coral colour. I sweep this over the apples of my cheeks, for a fresh faced 'pinched' look.

I then use Sleek's Solstice Highlighting Palette. I have opted for the 'Equinox' highlight, and applied it all over the tops of my cheekbones. I've received so many compliments about how radiant and glowing I am when I've worn this highlight, that I'm going to do a whole separate review on it!

Finally, I apply a bit of Collection's Pressed Powder along my nose and chin, to keep the shine at bay.


For eyebrows, I have again, used two of my favourite products, the Benefit 'Ka Brow' and 'Gimme Brow'. I was lucky enough to try these products when they were first launched and they have quickly become my eyebrow staples.

Ka Brow is a brow pomade that I apply in light strokes along my brows, to make them look much fuller. I then apply Gimme Brow on top, which adds texture and extends my natural brow hair. The two together are a Brow match made in heaven.



For my eyes I wanted a smoky gold eye with a hint of purple. I used Sleek's Vintage Romance Palette. I started by applying the shade 'Meet in Madrid' which is the gold shade, second along on the first row, all over my lid. This gave a warm shimmery look to the eye.

I then took 'Marry in Monte Carlo,' the purple shade, second along on the second row, and applied this in the corner and crease of my eye. I blended this out to be very light smoky wash of colour.

To finish I applied a mid toned brown from my Urban Decay Naked palette to deepen the whole look up.

I created winged liner using my Rimmel Scandaleyes liquid liner, which has an easy to use pointed tip. To finish I applied Nyx Doll Eye Mascara to my top and bottom lashes.

I love these colours together as they give a really soft, romantic edge to my make-up. By using a purple tone shadow with the golds and browns it gives the whole look a unique twist.


For my lips I've used Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Prague' as the focal point of this whole make-up look. It's a stunning purple toned pink, that really pulls the whole look together.

 The staying power of this Matte Lip Cream is incredible too. I went for afternoon tea and it lasted really well, which makes it perfect for Valentine's Day dinner and drinks. The consistency is light and it isn't too drying, I only had a small amount of flaking right on the inside of my lips, but I had been scoffing cake and coffee, which probably did it no favours!



I hope you enjoyed this make-up look, what are your plans this
Valentine's Day?
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig