Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

24 January 2017

Finding My Dream Dress


I couldn't be a fashion blogger without sharing the most special outfit I'll ever wear, my wedding dress. It was love at first sight when I tried this dress on, it was every bit me. I felt glamorous, sophisticated, and most importantly beautiful. Who doesn't want to feel this way on their special day.

From the moment we got engaged I was hooked on wedding planning, furiously pinning on my secret Pinterest board, buying all the magazines and pouring over Rock My Wedding. Of course one of the things I looked at most was all of the dresses; strapless, beaded, white, tulle, fitted, flared. All that choice. How was I meant to decide?


I knew I wanted a white dress with sleeves, and when I first stepped foot into the store, I had to admit the overwhelming feeling surged. There were rails upon rails of white and ivory dresses, it was hard to know where to start! Me and my mum spotted this one first, hanging in all it's white, sparkly glory. Call it luck or fate, but it was the first one I tried on, and though I tried on more after it, I just knew this was the one

It's a white, tulle and lace dress. The bodice has delicate beads sewn all over it, and the back is all lace. It has a delicate scalloped neckline which gave the whole dress a soft, feminine, elegant and timeless feel. It had a long glamorous train, which was definitely a show stopping feature I loved.




Prior to visiting any bridal stores, I had first thought that I wanted an all lace mermaid style dress, but after trying on two in that style, after this one, there was no comparison. This one fitted me in all the right places, was comfortable to move in, and made me feel confident.

 
 
 I love the button detail back, and the illusion lace. All carefully crafted together, with delicate beading, that sparkled when it caught the light. The moment my Dad first saw me on the morning of the wedding, and how he had tears in his eyes further instilled in me that I had made a very good choice with this dress.  
 
If you'd like to see how I accessorized for my wedding day, I have a post up all about it here.
 
My advice to Bride to Be's who are looking for their dream dress would definitely be; to be open minded and try various styles, listen to your own gut instinct, and go with what you feel your best in.
 
I really hope you've enjoyed reading this post, as much as I have enjoyed writing it 
x
 
 

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig