Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

1 January 2017

Top Ten Moments of 2016 & My 2017 Goals



As 2016 is now coming to an end, I like to look back at the year and reminisce about some of my favourite moments. 2016 has been one of the best years of my life, so much has happened and I can't believe that as I leave 2016 I'm now a home owner and a wife! Two of my favourite moments this year, and probably two of my biggest life milestones too. I'm not too sure how 2017 is going to top this, but it sure will be fun trying.

I thought I would compile a list of my favourite moments, and then also share my goals for 2017. The perfect post for the end of the year.

My Top Ten Moments of 2016

1. Getting Married.
Not much can top this one, so it had to be my number one favourite moment of 2016. I am actually a wife!

 
 
2. Our Honeymoon.
We went to the Caribbean for our honeymoon, a place which we've never been to before and I've got to say, it was breath-taking.
 
 
 
3. My Hen Party.
I already knew I had the best friends, but the hen party they threw for me was out of this world. It was better than anything I could have put together, and shows that they know me so well.
 
 
4. Buying Our First House.
This was a long time in the making, we had started looking for a house about a year ago, but a job change and being picky buyers it took us a long time to find somewhere we wanted to call home. Eventually though we came across a beautiful 3 bed semi and fell in love. Our first home together.
 
 
 
5. Incredible Opportunities.
2016 has saw me receive some incredible opportunities blog wise. I have attended blogger events with Intu Victoria Centre, Nottingham. I have been able to work with some amazing brands. I was even invited to stay at Ox Pasture Hall in Scarborough, a beautiful country hotel. I am so grateful for all of these opportunities and have enjoyed blogging so much this year.
 
 
6. Spending my Birthday in Harrogate.
I was thoroughly spoilt with a weekend away to a cosy b&b in Harrogate, complete with a spot of shopping and afternoon tea. What more could a girl ask for!
 
 
 
7. Enjoying Our Spare Time.
 
This year I wanted to make the most of our spare time, our days off and our annual leave. Boy did we manage this, we went on day trips, out for nice meals, saw our friends. It was so nice to not waste a moment of it.
 
 
 
 
8. Spending More Time with my Family.
 
Since moving out, I make a conscious effort to spend time with my family. I look forward to our weekly catch up, hear what they've been up to and just bask in their company.
 
 
 
 
9.Making some amazing new friendships.
 
I have made a lovely group of friends through blogging this year and I look forward to all our future meet ups in 2017.
 
 
 
10. Our First Christmas as Mr & Mrs.
 
It was our first Christmas in our own house, the excitement of decorating it exactly how I wanted, buy all the food I wanted and host Christmas dinner for all our family was wonderful. I loved hosting parties, games nights and dinners at our house and being able to spend time with our family.
 
 
 2016 for me has been one of my most memorable years, and I'm excited to see what 2017 has in store. I've already got some plans in the pipeline and I look forward to cementing them and creating more. It wouldn't be a New Year without writing down a few of the things I'd like to do this year would it? So here it goes!
 
 
 
My 10 Goals For 2017.
 
1. Travel to More New Destinations.
 
2. Start To Research More into My Career.
 
3. Try Something New.
 
4. Focus More On My Health.
 
5. Try Not To Worry So Much.
 
6. Re-Start My Driving Lessons.
 
7. Continue to Improve My Blog.
 
8. Reach 1000 Twitter Followers.
 
9. Take More Time For Myself.
 
10. Focus on The Now, Rather Than The Future.
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed reading my top moments of 2016, and hearing what my goals for 2017 are. I would love to find out what your goals for this new year are so please feel free to leave your links in the comment box!
 
Happy New Year to you all!
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig