Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

11 February 2017

The Striped Embroidery Shirt You Need this SS17

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Although spring feels a million miles away right now, I am over my winter wardrobe. I am yearning for some spring warmth, to break out the pastels and floaty fabrics, and no longer be buried under layer upon layer of clothing.

I made my first spring purchase recently, which is this gorgeous, blue striped, embroided shirt from Next. I love the light weight, structured fabric, it'll be perfect for those warmer days. For now I'll be wearing it with a coat!

Embroidery is set to continue being a key trend this ss17. It's translating everywhere, from clothes to bags, to shoes. I personally love the intricacy and vibrant colours that these embroided flowers have on this shirt. They give a staple item a beautiful edge.


I wanted this outfit to be really comfortable and casual, so I decided to wear it untucked and loose with my black faux leather skirt, which is also from Next. This skirt goes perfectly with most shirt's and jumpers and it's an easy to wear piece, which is why I reach for it on a weekly basis.

I popped on some thick cosy tights, and plain black boots to complete the outfit. I decided to keep the rest of the outfit very simple and plain as I wanted the shirt to take centre stage.

My jacket is from Primark, and is classic and structured. I needed to add a black coat to my wardrobe as I have and array of different coloured coats from pink to khaki to camel, but no monochrome, so therefore I needed to add a neutral 'goes with anything' piece to it.

I've seen many stores coming out with very similar styles of this shirt, so it should be easy to find one to suit you.


What do you think?
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig