Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

21 May 2017

Weekly Wanderings #2 | Office Plans, Breakfast Platters & Exploring




Another week over, and my second weekly wandering post! This week started off with plenty of organising. We've put a lot of boxes in the 3rd bedroom, and said they'd stay there until we had more storage and furniture..well they're still there! I've spent most of this week emptying all of the boxes, sorting out what we need and what we can get rid of. I'm not sure how it all fit into that room, as it seemed to expand when I took it out!

The thing that kept me ploughing on through though is the fact that this is going to be my little office space. I have a desk already, that I asked for from my mum and dad for Christmas. It's just been sat in the corridor waiting to be built. Hence, I thought it was high time to get going with it. I've spent a while pinning some office inspiration, which you can check out here on my Pinterest.

I'm still not quite decided on what I want the room to look like just yet, but I've picked up a few accessories already that I can't wait to use! I'm definitely going to be doing an office tour once it's all complete so keep your eyes peeled for that.


The weather was terrible on Monday and Tuesday, so most of the time that wasn't spent organising, was spent huddled under a blanket with a nice hot cup of tea. I treated myself to some gorgeous blooms to cheer me up during the miserable weather, where's spring gone?!

 I've been looking into trying a flower arranging class, but I'm yet to find one near to me. I'd also like to do a photography class. I love photography and I'm always striving to get better at it, so would love to attend a one day class to pick up some tips. It's one of my favourite parts about blogging, capturing moments perfectly. So I spent some of my time re-searching those too, but I'm still looking so any recommendations would be welcome!


Saturday soon came round and was a busy one, we sorted out a few tasks that had been on our list a while and I also had my cousins baby shower in the afternoon, which was really lovely.




 The day flew by, and before we knew it the evening had arrived! I had been invited to Griddle and Shake to review their new Dessert Menu, which I was so excited about. If you know me, you know I love a good dessert. I'll be writing up my review in a separate blog post, but couldn't write this post without sharing some photos, I adored the country style d├ęcor!


After scoffing our scrumptious food we decided to treat ourselves to a few cheeky cocktails. I'd really wanted to go to the Oriental Garden at Hockley Arts Club, so that's where we headed.
 


The room was absolutely gorgeous, set out with pink blossom, twinkly fairy lights and butterflies. It was too pretty not to take a couple of pictures! I opted for a Jade Warrior cocktail, which was lovely and fruity, with a dash of herbal taste to it. We spent the rest of our night sipping our cocktails and chatting before retiring home to bed.

We had booked a Summer Breakfast platter at Hackwood Farm bright and early Sunday morning, so didn't want to stay out too late. I've seen Hackwood on a few social media accounts and immediately added it to my list of must visit places. It is a little drive from us, but definitely worth it.


We eventually made it, late as always (I blame the sat nav!) and were shown to our table. The service was incredible and we didn't have to wait long at all before our breakfast platter was brought to us.

 
 
The board came full of delicious, sticky pastries, croissants, little pots of yogurt and granola, and plenty of fresh fruit. We were completely spoilt for choice, not knowing where to start eating first! Everything was scrumptious and packed full of flavour. We both had coffee and orange juice to accompany our glorious breakfast board, which helped wash it down nicely.
 
After all that food we thought that it would be a good idea to get in some exercise. The rain had actually stopped today and the sun was making a mischievous appearance, so we decided to do the Country Walk that was on Hackwood's website. 
 
 
 

 

Our walk started in Hackwood Farm itself and we had a quick nosey at all their lovely animals, before heading off through the fields.



We quickly learnt that our talents do not lie in following instructions, with us feeling lost quite a few times on the walk! It took us a few hours to complete, but it was thoroughly enjoyed. There's nothing better than stretching your legs in the sunshine and getting some fresh air in your lungs. The walks a long circular route, which leads you over styles and through fields, eventually leading you back to Hackwood Farm.


We finished off our day with a quick lemonade back at the farm before heading home.


I'm typing this up from my cosy corner of the sofa, with a cup of tea and a belly full of roast dinner. It's certainly been a good week, now I'm going to settle down for the night and get ready for another week ahead.

I hope you've all had a wonderful week, Happy Sunday!
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig